With three decades of experience (and counting!), Shelly is an incredible asset to the HRC team. She joined the firm in 2007 as a senior auditor and now serves as an audit manager. In this capacity, she specializes in performing employee benefit plan audits for private companies. She has extensive experience in both helping companies determine if they need a 401k or 403b audit and in complying with Department of Labor requirements. Prior to joining HRC, Shelly amassed experience in a variety of roles, including internal accounting for a number of banks and private companies and seven years spent in the audit department of a Big Four firm.
Shelly’s clients appreciate her for her calm demeanor, focused attention, and impressive problem-solving skills. How does she remain so calm in the face of oftentimes stressful situations? Shelly simply draws on her extensive experience and does what she knows how to do.
Born and raised in Las Vegas, Shelly’s favorite thing about the city where she has spent her whole life is simple: there is no snow. She is married and has three adult children—she loves spending time with her family. Shelly’s hobbies include playing tennis, watching her Kindle, and reading. She and her husband also love going on cruises together.
- Bachelor of Art in Finance, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
- Bachelor of Art in Communication, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, University of Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada
Professional Associations and Credentials
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Nevada
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Quality Center