Jessica joined the firm as an intern, straight out of college, in 2007. She worked hard and distinguished herself, rapidly rising through the ranks and eventually stepping into the role of managing partner in 2017. As the leader of the firm, she oversees operations, marketing, and community relations. On the accounting side, she is the firm’s primary Client Accounting and Advisory Services partner and she also assists in both audit and tax. Jessica loves that she gets to work with many nonprofit clients in an advisory capacity, lending her audit and tax expertise to help them establish good governance and sort out issues related to unrelated business income. She also works with small businesses and individuals.
A confident and decisive professional, Jessica has all the traits necessary to be a successful leader for her team. She is constantly in pursuit of continuous improvement—in fact, she considers this to be her personal motto! She attributes her professional success to a variety of factors: she is efficient, good at making decisions, and an excellent public speaker. When asked about what inspired her to pursue a career in accounting, Jessica explained, “I’m naturally curious and enjoy taking complex ideas and making them usable. With accounting, I get to analyze financial information and help people—it’s the best of both worlds!”
Raised in Hawaii, Jessica used to dance hula competitively (and still does so recreationally). She has lived in Las Vegas for nearly two decades and loves it for its diversity. She and her husband, George, have two young children, Bodhi and Asha, a dog named Moose, and a cat named Wini. Much of Jessica’s extended family also resides in Las Vegas, which she loves. They still gather for family dinner every Sunday evening at her Nana’s house—living representatives from four generations are usually there!
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, University Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Master of Science in Accounting, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada
Professional Associations and Credentials
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Nevada
- AICPA Not-For-Profit I & II Certifications
- QuickBooks Online Certified ProAdvisor
- Nevada Society of CPAs (NVCPA)
- Trauma Intervention Program of Southern Nevada – Board of Directors
- Leadership Las Vegas (class of 2016)
- The Partner Institute (class of 2014)