“A good advisor is passionate about what their clients do, not just the services they can provide. Care about your client’s business as if it were your own.” – Stephen Matthew
In 2020, Stephen joined the HRC team, bringing with him a wealth of valuable experience in both public and private accounting. He currently serves the firm as a director. An experienced and eager professional, Stephen established his accounting career when he joined Deloitte directly out of college, serving in the firm’s audit practice. He spent five years in public accounting before transitioning into the private sphere. Stephen served Everi Holdings, Inc. from 2014 to 2020, working as a director in both corporate finance and internal audit. He spent a brief time as a corporate controller for a Henderson, Nevada automotive parts distributor before transitioning back into public accounting by joining HRC.
Stephen loves working in an organization that encourages teamwork, allows for a balanced and innovative work environment, and provides challenging work. He has a history of playing an integral role in large projects. In 2014 he drafted an integrated 10-K and assisted in accounting for the acquisition and debt financing for a $1.2 billion acquisition. In 2018, he performed an internal audit department quality assessment review, which included drafting a department policies and procedures manual, managing the assessment process, and obtaining the highest-level score for general conformance. He has also taken part in several significant system transitions during his career.
Stephen grew up in Hanover Park, Illinois. He met his wife, Jacqueline – also a member of the HRC team – while attending classes at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. They currently live in Las Vegas with their five children, three cats, three horses, and two dogs.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Bachelor of Science in Law Enforcement & Justice Administration, Western Illinois University
Professional Associations and Credentials
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Nevada
- Nevada Society of CPAs (NVCPA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Beta Alpha Psi (UNLV Chapter Firm Liaison)
- AICPA Not-For-Profit I Certification
- AICPA COSO Internal Controls Certification
- AICPA COSO Enterprise Risk Management Certification
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) – In Process